Microsoft Outlook: How to Save or Remove Emails from the Server
In this article we will cover how to configure Microsoft Outlook to save/remove emails on the server
when using POP3 after downloading them to Microsoft Outlook.
1) Open Outlook
2) Click File
3) Click the Account Settings button
4) Select the Account Settings button from the drop-down
5) Double click on the email you wish to edit.
6) Click the More Settings button
7) Click the Advanced tab
8) If you wish to keep the email on the server, click Leave a copy of messages on the server
9) If you wish to automatically delete them from the server after a certain time period, click Remove
from server after, then pick the number of days you wish to keep them.
Please note that removing emails from the server does NOT remove them from your
outlook. However, you will no longer be able to download them again in the future. Make
sure you backup any email you wish to keep if you need to re-install outlook for some
You can also automatically remove them from the server when you delete the message in outlook by
clicking Remove from server when deleted from Deleted Items.