In the event your mail is being hosted on a 3rd party server (i.e. gmail) you will want to disable local
mail service to prevent your server from attempting to deliver mail locally. This will prevent any mail
originating on your server from being "lost" due to being delivered to the wrong location.
- Log into the Plesk 11 Domain Control Panel
- Click Domains, then click "Open in Control Panel."
- Click on the Mail tab at the top of the page.
- Click change settings, uncheck the box next to "Activate mail service on domain"
- Click OK.
- Log into the domain's cPanel
- Click MX Entry from the Mail section
- Choose Remote Mail Exchanger in the Email Routing section.
- Click Change
Your server will no longer attempt to deliver mail locally.