Users can set up auto-responders to automatically send a prewritten response when an email message is received. They are commonly used to notify senders that the recipient is out of the office or on vacation.
Follow these steps to set up auto-responders to automatically send a prewritten response when an email message is received:
- Log in to SmarterMail Web insterface (http://webmail.yourdomainame.com) as the user.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Expand the My Settings folder.
- Click the "Auto-Respender".
- On the “Options” tab, click “Enable auto-responder”. Other options can be checked to customize the auto-response.
- "Disable responses to indirect mail" - By selecting this checkbox, the auto-responder will only be triggered by email sent directly to you. Any email you receive through a mailing list, forward, or an alias will not trigger the auto-responder.
- Click the “Auto-Responder Message” tab. Enter a subject (e.g., “Out of the Office”), a custom message, and click “Save”.
- When you are ready to disable the auto-responder message, simply return to the “Options” tab and deselect “Enable auto-responder”.
Note: When you are using Compose Format: HTML , kindly do not use other font type without SmarterMail supported. Example: Direct copy & paste these message from Microsoft Word or other Word process software to SmarterMail, it may occurs some issues.