The Android phone supports both POP and IMAP. IMAP will allow you to retrieve emails and folders from SmarterMail and leave the emails on the server.
Follow these steps to create a SmarterMail POP or IMAP Account on your Android Phone
- If this is the first account youre setting up on the Android device, tap the Mail Icon. Otherwise, from the Home screen choose Mail > Menu > More > New Account
- Tap Manual Setup.
- Select the Protocol you want to use. Generally most people use POP.
- Complete the Email Address, Username (also email address) and Password fields.
- In the POP Server field type in mail.yourcompanydomain.com.
- Ensure Security type is None.
- Ensure Server port is 110 (POP)/ 143 (IMAP)
- Click Next.
- Enter your Outgoing Server Settings :
- For the Username field type in your full email address.
- Type in your password
- In the SMTP Server field type in mail.yourcompanydomain.com.
- Leave Security as None
- Change the Server port to 587(POP/IMAP)
- Click next and then save your details.
- Your mail account is now ready for use.