Traceroute is a computer network tool used to show the route taken by packets of information sent across an Internet Protocol (IP) network.
If you are running Windows based computer, you can perform a traceroute using the Command Prompt.
How to Perform a Traceroute in Microsoft Windows Opreating System
- Click the Start button in the bottom left hand corner of your desktop, and type CMD into the Search Box then hit Enter on your keyboard.
- The Command Prompt is shown as below:
- In this screen type: "tracert PassionateAboutIT.net" (without quotations, and replace PassionateAboutIT.net with your domain name) and press Enter.
- After the trace route has completed, right click anywhere on this window and click Select All.
- Press Enter and the information will be copied to the Windows clipboard.
- Paste this into a text document (Notepad, WordPad, etc.).
- Please submit a ticket with attach a Screenshot, NotePad or WordPad of your results to our Support department along with the details of your problem.